Friday, April 23, 2010

Sharing

Sharing is not the easiest thing in life. Whether it be sharing material things, responsibility, or feelings, it is hardly ever an easy feat. Sharing though, plays an important part in the creative process. When one feels comfortable, supported, and the environment is ideal, people feel more at ease and therefore confidently share ideas and the ability to come to a creative goal is more likely. A negative group environment where ideas are laughed at, looked down upon, or etc, hinder the willingness for people to share and in turn hinder creativity. Effective groups and leaders know this fact, and create this environment where creativity can grow. Sharing ones ideas can be very difficult and intimidating. One never knows if what they say is stupid, how the idea will be received/ perceived, and no one wants to feel stupid. For this reason, a nurturing environment is necessary. Without it, you will have shy group members who do not speak up.

1 comment:

  1. Mia,

    I really liked reading this blog. As I read your statement, I got a sense that sharing "material things, responsibility, or feelings..." is very personal to you. All too often we as human beings get so wrapped up in ourselves that life becomes less and less about others, and more and more about ourselves. I agree that negative environment is created if a person in a small group can not share their feelings, ideas, and responsibilities. I know for myself, I like to do things alone sometimes and I don't allow for others around me to shre the responsibilities. I believe it is selfish of me to be that way, and next time, i'll remember this blog when it comes down to sharing. Thanks for opening my mind!

    ReplyDelete